Friday, January 31, 2014

Day Numero Uno

Hello! My name is Tara and I'm a Fat Mom. I decided to write this blog as a way for me to keep myself accountable, a little vulnerable, and possibly inspirational for other mom's in the same predicament as me. I am Fat (275 lbs fat), I wasn't always fat but having 3 kids all within 4 years completely, and I mean Completely ruined my body! lol! Don't get me wrong, I am so in love with my kids, and I am completely ok with the fact that if getting them here, onto this earth meant my body was to be stretched and gained then I would do it again! I gained 70lbs my first pregnancy and then had 2 more pregnancies after that, without loosing the previous weight.
Me Pregnant with my Daughter.. She was born 10 lbs 7.5 oz
But now that I'm done having children, I've still been gaining weight and it's time for me to stop blaming childbearing, stop being lazy, and get my butt back into shape to a body that I want and one that I'll enjoy and be happy with. I have tried dieting in the past! I have done Atkin's twice and each time I had Great results! I lost 50 lbs in 5 months! But I love my bread... and Even after 5 months of not eating it.. it's just something I don't want to give up! I want to find a diet I can enjoy, and I did not enjoy the Atkin's diet.  I am also not a runner... I have NEVER had that "high" feeling people talk about when running! I mean seriously? lol! Even when I was thin and in my best shape, I HATED running! I like walking and jogging but running? no thank you!
That is me on the left..  (taken about 3 months ago) I feel embarrassed when I look at this picture, but it's me and I'm owning it and doing something out it. I love who I am as a person but I want to love how I look as a person. 

SO my plan.. I am going to set small goals for myself. Like most average american moms, I can not afford a monthly weight loss system (like Jenny Craing, Nutrisystem) and at the moment I can not budget monthly into the local gym in town, nor do I have the time to leave my home and kids for 30 min -1 hour everyday. Trust me, I would love to get away for the 1 hour a day but It's near impossible with our busy schedule! So I am starting small!
These next 7 days will consist of eating small portions, watching my calorie intake, drinking lots of water, and staying off the couch!
I have found some pretty neat aerobics videos that incorporate children.. Cause I'm not sure if it the same in your house but me trying to do exercise or yoga turns into me trying to avoid kicking, falling, and jumping into my children which is very frustrating and ends up me giving up, yelling at my kids and then thinking I can just do it later when one is napping... but when one of my kids are napping, the last thing I want to do is exercise!! lol!
This one is pretty neat!


So I am not setting up a weight loss goal this week. I just want to concentrate on finding out what restrictions I can handle and really take an inside look on my lifestyle and how I can change it. I will weigh my self every Friday and share the results with you! Hopefully in a year, I'll be a completely different person!
Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. I would love to join you on this journey, Tara! I'm working on the same battle myself. I'll pray for you (and for me) to be overcomers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! Not easy for sure but you can do this!! And talk about being an inspiration thru your struggle.....AMAZING! I have battled weight as well and used many excuses for why but the one thing I have realized is that ultimately it is all in my hands to change. So here's to you Tara and this incredible journey you are embarking on. Let the fun begin!!!

    ReplyDelete